14 Tips To Keep Your Drainage System Free From Blockages
Having A Blocked Drainage System At Unexpected Times Is An Awful Thing To Deal With. It can lead to hazards like leakage, air pollution due to the collection of stagnant water in the drain, flooding, and even health hazards. The good thing is, your maintenance habits can prevent it.
Anything from a build - up of debris, grease, tree roots or other small obstructions can lead to drain blockage. Even clear pipework doesn't write off the chance of clogging in your home's main lines.
Stick To The Following 14 Tips To Keep It From Being A Problem In The First Place
1. Should you experience a minor clog, use a plunger. That should take care of it.
2. Clear the debris from under your bathtub stoppers a couple of times per week. Washing the stoppers before you replace them will help prevent future build - ups.
3. If You Shed A Lot Of Hair, Make Sure You Put A Mesh Over The Bath Or Sink Drain Before Washing It. Just like you don't let food particles go down the kitchen drain, you shouldn't let your hair get into, and clog, the bath drain.
4. Brush your hair before showering or bathing to collect loose hair on your brush instead of in your drain.
5. Have a plumber install grates over your drains. When Cleaning Your Drains, Use A Bacteriological Drain Cleaner - One That Isn't Corrosive.
6. Prevent root intrusion in your drainage system by planting trees and flowers away from your pipework.
7. Arrange a contract with a drainage company to get occasional examinations and servicing without having to run after them. Our Drainage Isle of Wight company in Isle of Wight can provide you with comprehensive maintenance. The drainage system of your home will benefit from maintenance and telling your family about this is a good idea.
8. Avoid chemical cleaners. They will damage your pipes in the long run.
9. Don't Throw Stuff Into Your Drain. Don't throw stuff into it.
10. Avoid letting the following substances go into the drain grease, oil, fat, coffee, meat, rice, gum, hair, condoms, medication, cosmetics and similar items.
11. In short, the only thing that you are supposed to allow down your sink drain is water For your toilet; water, urine and faeces.
12. Form A Hook At The End Of A Wire Hanger Which You Straightened, Slip The Hook Past The Cover Of Your Drain And Use This For Fishing Out Drain Gunk.
13. Keep grease from building up in your drain by regularly pouring hot saltwater through your sink.
14. There are many other ways to maintain your drains, some which work, and some which don't. Make sure you don't use acidic chemicals
If you try all these tips and still have no luck fixing your drainage system and are without a drainage company contract to back you up, don't force it. Instead, get in touch with a qualified plumber quickly. If you are a Isle of Wight resident, you can always count on Drainage Isle of Wight to put a smile on your face.